Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blanche Dubois

Well, here it is….believe or not we all share something with “Blanche Dubois”. From A STREET CAR NAMED DESIRE…. “Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.” Because in many cases, life throws you out the way of the ones who said they would be kind. Whether or not we do this on our own, they walk away, or situations arise to claim those who are kind. Chances are you are just left behind to grasp at anything or anyone willing to share a smile or a hello. Have we really become such a machine that we are willing to grind others in our own set of gears? Regardless, we are left alone, missing that connection with the ones we had relationships with and find ourselves empty, drained of the life we had hoped of or were told about. Instead we sit, in a corner removed, an outcast, only given what is required, only using what we are given. However, the greatest gift I was given was to create; this allows me to not let that person stay in the corner, but welcome them and make friends with them. These are my paintings, my strangers, my new friends. These are the strangers I depend on for kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sell Art Online