Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pondering de Kooning

This piece took on several entities before I felt okay with it. I think the one thing that I felt restricted by was the size of the canvas. I have worked on a much larger scale in the past, thought I am getting a feel for the smaller size. I think that this size forces you to use more control and of course less paint. But seriously, I think I may be looking either stronger glasses or a magnifying lamp to attach to my work table. Alas, I digress, while trying to figure out what to do with the background of the self portrait, I looked and the it was, a copy of one of William de Kooning's artwork. As I looked through it I saw many of his nudes and the presence they had. I was inspired by the colors and line work. At any rate, here is the piece, and as always, it is FOR SALE.

Thank you W. de Kooning, it was a pleasure working with you.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sell Art Online