Saturday, February 2, 2013

Another Exhibit - NOT

Well, this was about as scary as it gets. I think this "juried art show" puts a lot of pressure on one, not merely to be seen, but to be put in a situation more that just your peers to be judged on your work. I myself always tend to be fearful of what someone will think of my work, if it even qualifies as art to someone with extensive training and knowledge, it is like slicing open your soul to permit someone to see inside and say your not good enough. However, at the same time I have to remember something I saw this morning on a friends blog, "An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. Charles Horton Cooley. So with that said, I do feel that I not only have the right to participate in this exhibit, but whether or not I am lucky enough to be involved in the show, I am a SUCCESS. The way I see it now is the time I can be what and who I was created for, I AM AN ARTIST, it is what and who I am. Therefore, I am in very high hopes of going to Bloomington later this year.

Artists are invited to submit applications for the 2013 Kinsey Institute Juried Art Show.

2013 Juried Art Show

The Kinsey Institute at Indiana University works towards advancing sexual health and knowledge worldwide. For over 60 years, the institute has been a trusted source for investigating and informing the world about critical issues in sex, gender and reproduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sell Art Online